Cultural Topography of Prague 2
Subject is not scheduled Not scheduled
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
CULTURAL TOPOGRAPHY => PHOTOGRAPHIC TOPOGRAPHY OF CORONA
All has changed, incl. the course (sub)title. There are no walks in Prague, no visits to museums this Spring term. During the COVID-19 quarantine students work independently on their mini-photo series.
Mode of study
Participants under their teacher’s guidance take pictures of their daily life and observations in the times of corona. Doesn’t matter whether they use DSLRs, mirrorless or just cellphone cameras - the most important is the honesty of the images.
They regularly sent pictures via e-mail or computer file transfer services to the teachers, who selects carefully compact series each approx. a week and posts them on Facebook FAMU International page/Instagram.
Pictures are credited by students’ names and preferably also accompanied by few lines of text.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Students send photographs reflecting their life during the Corona times. Teacher provides them with feedback or additional requests (regarding the images or the caption).
Recommended or required reading
Assessment methods and criteria
Upon regular delivery of photographs. Students are expected to submit pictures approximately on weekly manner.
Students will be granted with the pass grade in the mid of June 2020 latest.
No schedule has been prepared for this course
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Academy Preparation Program - Cinematography (optional subject)
- Academy Preparation Program - Animated Film (optional subject)
- Academy Preparation Program - Directing (optional subject)
- Academy Preparation Program - Documentary (optional subject)
- Academy Preparation Program - Editing (optional subject)
- Academy Preparation Program - Photography (optional subject)
- Academy Preparation Program - Screenwriting (optional subject)