Mentor Workshop: Directing 1
|311MWD1||Z||5||4 hours (45 min) of instruction per week, 89 to 114 hours of self-study||English||winter|
Name of lecturer(s)
Valerio Antonio MENDOZA GUILLÉN, Priit POHJALA
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The students will know the full development cycle of a Portrait short film from the creation of the story idea until post-production and public screening.
Mode of study
Practical workshop, mandatory attendance.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
- Creation, shooting and editing a very short exercise on 16 mm shot on a Bolex camera
- Finding a Portrait subject and developing a story based on the person.
- Develop a directorial approach to the story.
- Sound mix and color grade.
- Public screening.
Recommended or required reading
Assessment methods and criteria
Participation in the workshop and fulfilling the practical exercises.
Taking part in the exercises in different roles (DoP, Actors etc.).
Schedule for winter semester 2022/2023:
Room No. 3
Room No. 2
MENDOZA GUILLÉN V.
Schedule for summer semester 2022/2023:
The schedule has not yet been prepared
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Academy Preparation Program - Directing (required subject with the possibility of repeat registration)