Retro Sci-fi Workshop with Tan Bee Thiam and Looi Wan Ping
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Mode of study
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Students will receive an invitation to the opening of the Future Gate Film Festival, where Tiong Bahru Social Club (2020, Tan Bee Thiam) will be screened.
Prague, Lucerna Cinema, Wednesday, March 9, 18:30.
Students are strongly encouraged to see the film before the workshop.
Tan Bee Thiam and Looi Wan Ping are from the Singapore independent film collective 13 Little Pictures, founded in 2010. They would like to invite you to join them in a workshop to make films together. In this workshop, they will share the ideas and vision of retro-sci fi Tiong Bahru Social Club (opening film of Future Gate) and how they collaborate with each other. Applying the rules of collective filmmaking, participants will then shoot a scene from a script they provide.
Saturday, March 12
9-12:00 Morning Workshop (Part A)
12-13:30 Lunch Break
13:30 -16:00 Afternoon Workshop (Part B)
Recommended or required reading
Assessment methods and criteria
This course is an elective for all students of this school
Schedule for winter semester 2021/2022:
The schedule has not yet been prepared
Schedule for summer semester 2021/2022:
|Date||Day||Time||Tutor||Location||Notes||No. of paralel|
|12.03.2022||09:00–16:00||Jitka HEJTMANOVÁ||Room No. 1
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Academy Preparation Program - Cinematography (optional subject)
- Academy Preparation Program - Animated Film (optional subject)
- Academy Preparation Program - Directing (optional subject)
- Academy Preparation Program - Documentary (optional subject)
- Academy Preparation Program - Editing (optional subject)
- Academy Preparation Program - Photography (optional subject)
- Academy Preparation Program - Screenwriting (optional subject)
- Production Team Studies (optional subject)