Stop-animation puppet animation 1
|309FISP1||Z||5||4 hours (45 min) of instruction per week, 89 to 114 hours of self-study||English||winter|
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Theory - film examples, discussion, practice - animation attempts, doll production, shooting short etudes.
Mode of study
Year's study of animation
Prerequisites and co-requisites
No knolwedge requirements for this course.
- Introduction, puppet animated film, genres, film language
- Technical particulars, frame (wire / joint), head, expressions, hands, Stage, background, props.
- Animation in puppet animated film - movement dynamics, multiple puppet choreography, character animation, interaction
- Camera and lighting in animated puppet film
- Sound in animated puppet film
- Work with space, shots
- Work in the studio, use of technology, software
- Animation rehearsal with jointed frame
- Artistic and technical proposals of wire frames
- Wire frame production
- Animation rehearsal with wire frame.
Recommended or required reading
Assessment methods and criteria
70% class attendance. Home preparations
Schedule for winter semester 2022/2023:
Room. No. TR-218
(Tržiště 20, Praha 1 (vchod z Rektorátu AMU, Malostranské nám. 12))
|Date||Day||Time||Tutor||Location||Notes||No. of paralel|
|Thu||09:50–13:05||Aurel KLIMT||Room. No. TR-218
Tržiště 20, Praha 1 (vchod z Rektorátu AMU, Malostranské nám. 12)
Schedule for summer semester 2022/2023:
The schedule has not yet been prepared
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Academy Preparation Program - Animated Film (required subject)