Photography of Landscape 2
Subject is not scheduled Not scheduled
Name of lecturer(s)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The aim of this course is to acquire experience in landscape photography. In contrast to the Winter semester, when the work was rather individual, we will now complete instruction in a several-day excursion to a particular countryside location. Students, in theory classes, will prior be acquainted with the selected location, its history and geological characteristics. In a study of artists who have covered this location, students gain a theory basis for their subsequent work. The practical assembly will take place during early Spring. The location will be select by the end of February.
Mode of study
Students will be acquainted with possible treatments and preparations for a photographic development of an assigned location in intensive theory preparations and the implementation itself at the assembly. We will cover not only theory preparations but, alsok, technological procedures of more complicated situation. This covers the use of polarization filters, center-filters and various split-filters. There will be the possibility of using a robotic head for managing a panoramic shot and the like. Potential for individual completion of the project is welcomed.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
- location selection based on a brief presentation
- Acqaintance with the selected location through photos, film, writings and maps. Selected topical definition of perspective, or specification of interest of individual students for processing the given location
- excursion to the location at the end of April/beginning of May for a 5 day assembly. The exact assembly schedule will be sent in a timely manner.
- possible other independent excursions to the location, on-going consultations
- evaluation of shots and creation of the presentation collection
To be submitted:
An integrated collection of at least 8 photos which characterize the given location in the view of individual students which has been previously approved in point 2. Negative format in B/W photos in at least medium format or larger. Color photos, color negatives or with agreement by digital camera.
The result is 8 B/W photos 30x40cm on a barite underlay, or 8 color A3 format prints.
Recommended or required reading
Assessment methods and criteria
No schedule has been prepared for this course
The subject is a part of the following study plans
- Academy Preparation Program - Photography (qualification subject)